Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hello today!  It's April 3rd, and here in the Manitou Springs, CO, area we finally are receiving some very needed moisture in the form of mixed rain and snow.  Now, in Manitou, because we're sort of nestled into the foothills, we most often do not get as much of whatever weather is happening at the moment; but I know other areas, particularly further North of here, are probably going to receive more accumulation.  I'm SO glad I live HERE!!  

My Mother and I had planned to do our grocery shopping this afternoon, but because of the weather I cancelled today's Silver Key trip and rescheduled for Friday.  And Silver Key Transportation is the first topic I wish to highlight.  

It is mainly for Seniors in the El Paso County area, and the scheduling staff is most helpful and patient whenever I have to arrange for transportation. 

Between my Mother and myself, we have quite a few medical appointments on a pretty regular basis.  My Mother was referred to what we refer to as The Coumadin Clinic, which is located at 3207 N. Academy; it's official name is The Health Learning Center/Diabetes & Renal Clinic.  

When my Mother was still in Michigan, under her Primary Physician's care, her Coumadin was monitored at the local laboratory in the same building; on nearly a monthly basis, the doctor was adjusting her Coumadin dose because it fluctuated so much.  Since she has been here beginning last August and since being monitored at the Coumadin Clinic, there has been absolutely NO incidence of any fluctuation.  The difference was accomplished by simply advising her to eat a little of the dark green vegetables just about everyday on a regular basis.  When her former Primary had explained to her some years ago about the green vegetables she was to AVOID, she misunderstood and thought she should not eat ANY of them.  Now that she includes a little of these green veggies on a daily basis, there have been, as I mentioned, NO fluctuations whatsoever.  If it were not for Silver Key Transportation, we would not be able to go to the clinic for monthly monitoring.  

I, too, have had numerous medical appointments in the past several months.  With major back and leg problems, my Primary has referred me to a Neurosurgeon (Dr. Hammers at CSNA - Colorado Springs Neurological Associates, Penrose Pavillion, 2312 N. Nevada Avenue, Suite 100, Colorado Springs, CO  80907, (719) 473-3272) who, in turn, referred me to Physical Therapy (Action Potential, 2955 Professional Place, Colorado Springs, CO  80909, (719) 227-7079).  I was also going to a Chiropractor (which I highly recommend - Becco Chiropractic at 1819 W. Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO, 80904, (719) 471-4174) on a regular basis, but suspended that treatment until completing Physical Therapy.  Silver Key, once again, has been totally cooperative in helping me arrange transportation, at times even having to rearrange appointments, as well as always calling the day ahead with a reminder of pick-up and return times .  


SILVER KEY IS LOCATED AT:  2250 BOTT AVENUE IN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, 80904

THEIR MAIN PHONE NUMBER IS:  (719) 884-2300

THEIR TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT NUMBER IS:  (719) 884-2380

Give Silver Key a call!  They provide many other services for Seniors in the greater Colorado Springs area.  There is no set price, just a request for a donationAsk for one of their Transportation Services Rider Guides; but be sure to inquire about all their many other services.  If you remember to mention you saw their information on my blog, www.seniormomentsintime.blogspot.com, I will appreciate it.  

If you happen upon my blog from another area in Colorado or another State, I know for a fact that most major cities as well as  smaller cities and towns have some kind of Senior transportation.  In Plymouth, Michigan, it was through the City of Plymouth Senior Center.  In most areas, you can start with looking up an Area Agency on Aging, or finding any Senior Center in your area for additional information about transportation and other Senior services.  
 
And thanks for reading "me"!  Have a wonderful day!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment